Thursday, June 30, 2011
Why Eternal Sunshine?
I love, love, LOVE the move "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" starring Jim Carrey, Kate Winslet, Elijah Wood, Kirsten Dunst, and Mark Ruffalo. It was one of the first movies that really made me THINK when I watched it. Would I really want to erase all the bad, hurtful, negative things that have happened in my life, just to obtain happiness and not live with any kind of hurt? As much crap as I've been through in my life and with as much hurt as I perceive to have gone through, I must say that I wouldn't. In times of clarity, I can certainly see where all of the hurtful experiences in my life have truly built my character and taught me lessons that there is possibly no other way I could have learned. I often got angry and so filled with bitterness that I felt I would die after each of my miscarriages. When I step back and look at it, though, I know that I had to go through that to understand how precious and miraculous each of my children is. It has made me understand how fleeting life is and no matter how long someone exists, whether it be for a week inside the womb or one hundred and five years on Earth, each life touches the heart of someone and makes a difference in some way. Having to watch my grandfather die over the span of several years taught me the true meaning of strength and the value of never wasting a moment to tell someone just how much they mean to you. Never will I take for granted the opportunity to hold the hand of someone I love or to take a moment to tell someone just how much they mean to me. My life is spotted. My mind is muddled with disappointments and heartache and despair. What I choose to do with it, though, is my choice. I can choose to let it eat and destroy me, or I can choose to use the "crap" life gives me as fertilizer to help nourish me and help me grow into the beautiful person I have always been meant to be. So I'm choosing eternal sunshine, but I'll keep my spotted mind. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment