So one of the things that I'm trying to start doing to improve my stress level and thinking is to do more listening. Part of that is trying to listen more to my children, part of it is getting into listening to music for myself more (not just Radio Disney and Veggie Tales), and part of it is listening to background noise and binaural beats for relaxation. Last night as I was getting ready for bed, I listened to the pre-sleep binaural beat along with ocean sounds. As I closed my eyes, I was instantly visualizing me laying on a beach, perpendicular to the water, laying perfectly still as waves slowly rolled in and washed over me. Now I have been terrified of drowning since as long as I can remember, but this was such a peaceful visualization for me. I felt as though the waves were washing away all of my stress and anxiety and anger. It was so relaxing and calming and peaceful.
Another thing I've been doing in times of stress lately, is deep breathing and as I breathe in I say to myself "Breathe in peace" and as I breathe out I say "Breathe out love". It's amazing how quickly doing that calms me down and makes me feel more positive about my outlook on things.
I would really like to find a yoga video that doesn't make me laugh my head off. I've tried some in the past and they usually just make me laugh like crazy because of the people who lead them. If anyone knows of some good yoga videos that aren't too intense (as a bigger girl, I need to start out not trying to make myself into a pretzel) I would appreciate the recommendations! Also, if you are following this, I just want to thank you for supporting me in my venture to get back into writing and to work towards become a more whole, peaceful, loving person!
Hey Carey! I'm so happy you're doing this! I don't think the vast majority of people know how to focus positively in the face of crappy circumstances, so the fact that you are teaching yourself to do so is huge. It truly is a journey, and I am so happy to share it with you.
ReplyDeleteGood for you!!! You are doing an amazing job - I should try these too. Love you girl!
ReplyDeletehttp://myfreeyoga.com/
ReplyDelete