Thursday, July 7, 2011

Song of Carey 33:1

As my birthday approaches, I'm left feeling apprehensive about how this year will go. I've always been weird with numbers and this year I will be 33. Double numbers (22, 33, 44, 55, all except for 11 and 77) give me a not so good feeling (yes, I know I need therapy). Well, whether I like it or not, this 33rd year is coming and I'm trying to think of a positive approach to it. I'm kind of thinking of creating a "bucket list" type goal list for this year to encourage myself to try some new things. A few of my ideas for my list include: Travel to San Francisco to visit friends, create at least two different coffee table books of my landscape/architecture photos, and to try at least three foods from ethnic regions I have not ever before tried. Nothing too crazy, just some things that I feel would inspire me and kind of help restore some of my creativity. Again, I want to make writing a goal for this year, but I think maybe my approach to my writing is all wrong. Maybe I shouldn't make it a goal, but instead start incorporating it into my daily life. I don't want it to be like a diet where I have all these goals and then when it doesn't work or I'm at my goal I just kind of quit. I want to change my daily habits to make it a part of my everyday life. I want it to be a lifestyle change, not just a diet of writing. So as I begin to enter into this 33rd chapter of my life, I aim to do so with an open mind, a joyous heart, and an adventurous spirit. I hope you'll join me on my adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment